The Capital Caring Centers of Excellence Program is a partnership between Capital Caring and select long-term care facilities that wish to improve access to quality advanced illness care. This is provided through offering residents and their families Capital Caring’s comprehensive, specialized services in addition to each facility’s expertise in providing long-term care.
By becoming a Capital Caring Center of Excellence, the long-term care facility has chosen to provide a comprehensive advanced illness program to their residents and families, utilizing Capital Caring’s expertise in spiritual, emotional, and clinical management. Their facility staff also receives education and support from Capital Caring.
Some of the individual components that distinguish a Center of Excellence include:
- Doctors & Nurse Practitioners specializing in pain and symptom management – Capital Caring’s physicians and nurse practitioners are board-certified experts in advanced illness care. They have special expertise in controlling pain and other symptoms, and can offer suggestions to the patient’s primary physician regarding treatment options. They assist families in determining goals of care, while making recommendations to improve each patient’s comfort and quality of life.
- Licensed and experienced counselors – Capital Caring professional counselors with advanced training in advanced illness care assist hospice family members in addressing emotional issues that often arise while caring for a loved one. The importance of attending to the caregiver’s emotional needs is often equal to that of the care given to the patient.
- Hospice care provided by an Inter-disciplinary team of caring experts – Capital Caring provides residents with specialized physical, emotional, and spiritual support within the early stages of their illness. This offers the resident an opportunity to derive the most benefit from specialized hospice and palliative services from the caring experts – nurses, social workers, chaplains, and others – on the Capital Caring team.
- Advanced training for facility staff – Capital Caring provides regular and advanced training programs, to improve skills for the nursing home and long-term care facility staff, when identifying and managing pain and symptom issues, to maximize the resident’s comfort. (CEUs pending).
Capital Caring Centers of Excellence Partners:
- Carroll Manor Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- Elizabeth Adam Crump Health and Rehabilitation
- The Fountains at Washington House
- Greenfield Senior Living
- Heritage Hall Leesburg
- Potomac Falls Health & Rehab Center
- Powhatan Nursing Home